What is the most under used piece of equipment that the Gang owns? I gave the answer in a previous post. The piano! Do we have any musicians in the club? Do you play an instrument and/or sing? Would you enjoy getting together with like minded folks to exercise your gifts? Let me know in the comments below – or on Thursday.
There were plenty of toppings for today’s baked potatoes.
We also had lettuce salad and cinnamon apples.
We can’t forget a pot of beans. However I did forget something, to get a picture of the cake and ice cream.
There was plenty of time for games after lunch.
• Today is our Birthday Party. OTHG, We are officially 24 years young. We will be having cake and ice cream. We are celebrating the July birthdays today also. If you have a July birthday, this song is for you. (Sing)
• Last week I mentioned that we would really like to see y’all use this facility more. I suggested maybe card Games or the like. Possibly just to gather for coffee, and you don’t even need to drink coffee. Well it is starting. As of August 2nd there will be a Morning Coffee Club (We need a better name — something like Over The Hill Over The Coffee) meeting every Tuesday at at 8:30.
• Speaking of coffee. You may notice
that we made no coffee today. For the last several weeks nobody was drinking coffee so we didn’t make any. If y’all want some we can make a pot in a hurry
• Now an update. A few weeks back I’d reported that I had received an email from the mayor saying that the county wanted to use this building for the November elections. This week she responded that a church has volunteered to host voting. Yay! Thank you mayor Liz.
• You old-timers will remember that we used to have monthly Hat Day and Shirt Day. We are restarting them in August. Check the calendar here and on our website. And we adding a special Friend Eats For Free Day. More to come on that later.
• Speaking of shirts … is there any interest in having shirts printed for the group,? We have choices. The existing design or something new. (Sample) $12 for either shirt or hat. We will begin taking orders next Thursday. The shirts are pre shrunk so there’s no need to order a size bigger than normal. You will pay on receipt rather than prepay. Cash or check made out to Over The Hill Gang.
• When you visit our website, please leave a comment if it’s nothing more than, “Hey, GANG” or “Wha’s up?”
• And how do you get to the website?
• I did notice that we have a stack of Trivial Pursuit games on the shelf here. Anyone up for a game of trivia some afternoon? (No takers)
• Here is a free trivia
Q. What is Michale J Fox’s middle name?
The Screen Actors Guild already had a Michael A Fox. So his screen name became Michael J Fox.
• The Joke:
Just before thanksgiving Jim and Eddie were out hunting for turkeys when Jim keel’s over and collapses. He doesn’t seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed.
Eddie gets out his cell phone and calls 911.
He gasps, ‘My friend Jim is dead! What can I do?’
The operator says, ‘Calm down, I can help. First, let’s make sure he’s dead.’ There is a silence on the phone, then a shot is heard.
Back on the phone, Eddie says, ‘OK, now what?’
Let’s eat. Any who need assistance go first.
There were 23 to eat and a couple who came later. Yay!