4 tablespoons olive oil
10 pounds lean ground beef
8 cups crushed Nacho Cheese Doritos
4 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 cans of refried beans
4 (14 fluid ounce) cans black beans drained & rinsed
4 (12 fluid ounce) can corn drained. 2 cups rice cooked
2 (48 ounce) jar salsa use your favorite kind
8 cups shredded Tex-Mex cheese blend (or use cheddar)
• Preheat oven to 350F and move the rack to the middle position. Prep your ingredients.
• Add the oil and ground beef to a large skillet or pot. Cook, breaking up the meat as you go along, for 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
• Stir in the chili powder, garlic powder, and ground cumin, and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
• Meanwhile, add the crushed Doritos in an even layer to the bottom of 2 large baking pans.
• Remove most of any excess fat from the meat.
• Stir into the meat: the refried beans, black beans, corn, salsa, and half the cheese. Let it warm through (until the cheese melts).
Spoon the beef mixture evenly over the Doritos.
Top the casserole with the remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until it’s warm and the cheese is nice and melty..
Serve casserole as-is or with your favorite toppings.
©2022 Over The Hill Gang, Inc.